EAFA holds Exhibition Shows and Juried Shows at the EAFA Gallery at Seattle Design Center. Selection of artwork for the Exhibition Shows is made by the Gallery Curator. Selection of artwork for Juried Shows is made solely by the juror. The following guidelines should help in preparing to submit for one these shows at the EAFA Gallery.
- Open to all EAFA artists.
- Artwork of all sizes and subject matter may be submitted and most images will be accepted.
- Artwork not properly framed or with gallery wrapped edges neatly finished, will not be accepted at intake. Artwork with mirror clips, saw tooth hangers, clip fames, dirty frames or glass, and cracked or broken glass will not be accepted.
- All Exhibition Shows will remain as hung by the Curator, a hanging committee or by a curator chosen by the show chair.
- Only work that has not hung in any of the prior EAFA Gallery Exhibition Shows or EAFA Gallery Juried Shows can be submitted. Work submitted but not hung may be submitted again for future shows.
- Unless sold, art that is hung in the exhibit must remain for the duration of the exhibit.
- Digital art must be labeled as such. Artwork that integrates digital technology in the final product must be labeled as such. Artwork of this nature must be submitted under the “Digital Art” category in any EAFA Juried Show.
- Provide 3 copies of Entry Form with Conditions for Participation completed legibly.
- Artists accepted for display at the EAFA Gallery will be expected to volunteer in some capacity and to sign up for gallery duties when artwork is delivered or earlier if info is provided.
- Wall label information must be submitted by the due date. Artists delivering work without proper labels or entry forms will be rejected at intake.
- Deliver only the number of works requested, usually from 1 – 4, but not more.
- The time scheduled for pick-up and delivery will be strictly adhered to. The only exception is an unexpected event, such as an accident, health or weather, with a call to gallery manager or show chair.
- Art intake and takedown will always take place utilizing the freight entrance to the Atrium Building.
- Artwork remaining in the storage area after take down will be charged a $20 storage fee. If you are unable to pick-up your work, make arrangements with an EAFA member to pick-up and notify gallery manager or show chair. Artwork will not be given to anyone unless the above conditions are met.
- LAST BUT NOT LEAST: Take the time to read the prospectus and follow all directions COMPLETELY. Non-compliance with the prospectus will result in artwork being rejected.
Last Updated on Wednesday, 31 August 2011 23:10