EAFA holds Gallery Exhibits and Juried Shows at EAFA Gallery at the Seattle Design Center. Selection of artwork for Gallery Exhibits is made by the gallery’s Curatorial Team. Selection of artwork for our juried shows is made solely by the juror hired by EAFA for that particular show. Please review the following guidelines to better assist you in preparing to submit to the EAFA Gallery.
- Submission to Gallery Exhibits is open to all EAFA member artists. Membership must be current at the time of submission.
- Artwork of all sizes, subject matter, and medium is allowed. All 3-D artists must provide their own display tables/pedestals.
- Artists must be available to assist with work that requires special handling or work that weighs more than 25 pounds.
- Improperly framed art will not be accepted at intake. Gallery wrapped frames are acceptable. Mirror clips, sawtooth hangers, clip fames, dirty/damaged frames or glass are not acceptable.
- Work is hung by the EAFA Gallery Curating Team and/or appointed hangmaster.
- Work submitted and hung in Gallery Exhibits are not eligible to hang again for a period of 6 months. Work submitted but not selected may be submitted again. This rule does not apply to open call shows, which have their own set of rules.
- Unless sold, selected art must remain for the duration of the exhibit.
- Artwork that integrates digital technology in the final product must be labeled "Digital Art" and must be submitted under the "Digital Art" category in any EAFA Juried Show.
- Exhibiting artists are expected to volunteer in some capacity.
- Artists may be declined if procedures set forth in the prospectus are not adhered to. Please read the prospectus thoroughly.
- Deliver only the number of works selected.
- Pick-up and delivery is 9:00-11:00a.m. There is no extension unless prior arrangements with the gallery manager or show chair have been made. Gallery Managers have the right to exclude work that is not delivered in a timely manner. Artwork will not be allowed out of the building unless the gallery manager has been notified.
- Art intake/takedown utilizes the freight entrance to the Seattle Design Center Plaza Building via the underground parking garage.
- Artwork remaining in storage after takedown will be charged a $20 storage fee.
If you are interested in volunteering to assist in EAFA Gallery Management, please contact Joy Hagen or Lin La Mer.
Last Updated on Monday, 02 September 2013 20:14