The Evergreen Association of Fine Arts (EAFA) ( formerly known as the Eastside Association of Fine Arts) is now accepting 2013 Signature Art Fund applications from individuals and qualified non-profit organizations. Available funds for 2013 total more than $500.
EAFA's Signature Art Fund supports volunteer art services/projects and creative visual art experiences for community members living in Western Washington. Interested persons and qualified 501(c)(3) organizations may apply.
- Application submittal: beginning Friday, March 1st
- Application deadline: Friday, April 26th
- Award notification: Friday, May 3rd
- Award presentation: EAFA general meeting, 3rd Thursday in May
Why EAFA Supports the Signature Art Fund
The Evergreen Association of Fine Arts (EAFA) knows that art and creating art improves the overall quality of life and benefits both youth and adults.
EAFA's mission and purposes, as stated in its Constitution Bylaws, include:
- Promote, encourage and educate its members and the public in art appreciation
- Promote public appreciation in creative art
- Sponsor and provide programs for art education and artistic improvement of its members and the community
The Signature Art Fund provides strategic assistance for member volunteer art program services and for non-profit organizations sponsoring art experiences for youth and/or adults in Western Washington. The goals of the Signature Art Fund program are to address critical physical or economic needs and to visibly demonstrate the value of art to the community.
Recipient Selection Process
Art Education chair Cheryl Hoople presents the 2012 Signature Art Fund Award and $400 check to Northshore YMCA representative Corey Lowell during ceremonies at the May monthly meeting. This EAFA stipend helps fund HomeZone Art projects this year at the club.
EAFA funds qualified EAFA members, artists, or local art projects that:
- Offer public benefit
- Have a strong art volunteer service or art project component(s)
- Demonstrate a high likelihood of success
Each year applicants complete and submit a Signature Art Fund application and supporting materials to EAFA. Applicants must:
- Live in and serve residents of Western Washington
- Be at least 18 years of age, OR
- Represent a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization
- Express interest in sharing art with others
EAFA Signature Art Fund requires:
- Recipient presence for the EAFA award presentation
- Written summary of final project, with digital photos (when appropriate)
- Acknowledgment—whenever possible, EAFA expects recipients to acknowledge this support in programs, press releases, and advertisements with the following language: This program is made possible in part by a contribution from the Evergreen Association of Fine Arts.
EAFA will not consider requests for:
- Multi-year commitments
- Building projects, construction, or renovation
- Attendance at or travel to conferences, workshops, or seminar(s)
- Special events, tickets, tables or advertising for fundraising
Please contact EAFA Art Education at www.eafa.org OR call 425-451-8111.
Last Updated on Wednesday, 20 March 2013 00:59